In order to effectively prepare for interpreting, interpreters benefit from having context regarding the content of the course. One way to streamline this process is to add the interpreter as a guest to your University of Northern Iowa (UNI) Blackboard Learn course. Without this access, you may be asked to provide interpreters with the course syllabus, notes, and any other relevant material.
Any interpreter hired to provide interpreting in the classroom will have a UNI eLearning account.
Steps to Enroll Interpreters in Blackboard Learn
To manually enroll the sign language interpreter, [First Name] [Last Name], into your Blackboard Learn course:
- In your Blackboard Learn course, select "Control Panel," "Users and Groups," and "Users" from the left hand column.
- Select the "Find Users to Enroll" button.
- On the "Add Enrollments" page, select the "Browse..." button.
- A "Users" search window will open. Locate the user account using the Search toolbar by searching "[Username]," "[Contains]," and [username/email address of the user]," and then selecting the "Go" button.
- In the search results area, check the box next to the user account, and then select the "Submit" button.
- The "Users" search window will close. On the "Add Enrollments" page, select "Guest" in the "Role" drop-down menu.
- Select the "Submit" button.
- Verify that the correct user is enrolled with the "Guest" role on the "Users" page.
- Once an interpreter has been enrolled as a “Guest” role, interpreters will receive a confirmation email letting them know that they are able to access the course.