Student Accessibility Services

Hawkeye/Allen Students

Submitting an Accessibility Accommodation Request

If you will be/are attending Hawkeye Community College or Allen College but living in the residence halls at the University of Northern Iowa (UNI), you are able to submit an Accessibility Accommodation Request for housing, dining, or parking accommodations.

*Note: If you need to request accommodations in the academic environment (e.g., testing, notetaking, attendance), please contact the accessibility/disability services professional at the institution through which you are enrolled in classes.

To begin the process of getting connected with SAS, please follow these steps:

Step 1. Access the Hawkeye/Allen Accessibility Accommodation Request Form.

Step 2. Complete the form by filling out each of the listed sections.

In order to expedite the accommodation process, SAS recommends that you include any supporting documentation with your Accessibility Accommodation Request. To submit the documentation, send it via fax to (319) 273-7576 or email the SAS account at

Step 3. SAS will review the information submitted, and you will receive an email with information on your next steps.

Accessibility Accommodation Requests will be reviewed in order of receipt; therefore, it is recommended that the request be submitted well in advance of any accommodation-related needs. Typically, a request is processed within 2-10 business days of receipt. Once an Accessibility Accommodation Request is processed, SAS will follow up with you via email with next steps. Only Accessibility Accommodation Requests where the information submitted does not provide sufficient support to approve you for a housing, dining, and/or parking accommodation(s) may require an Accessibility Consultation to discuss your accessibility needs.

If you are approved for accommodations, SAS will send the Campus Accessibility Letter, which is the official notification of housing and dining accommodations and outlines your access plan in the residence halls and/or dining facilities, to you. This letter is used to inform applicable University personnel, including staff in Housing and Dining (UHD), of your accommodation(s) to support its implementation on campus. You should contact SAS and UHD as soon as possible if any questions or concerns arise regarding your accommodations.

For further information on assistance animals, please visit the University's policy on Animals on University Owned or Controlled Property.