Student Accessibility Services

Documentation Guidance

Documentation may include, but is not limited to:

Academic and Campus Experience Documentation

Letter from a current Counselor, Physician, or Psychiatrist
Psychoeducational or Neuropsychological Evaluation
Recent Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan
Relevant Medical Records

University Housing & Dining Documentation

University Housing and Dining Evaluator Form
Assistance Animal Evaluator Form
Letter from a current Counselor, Physician, or Psychiatrist
Relevant Medical Records

** Ideal documentation provides the disability or diagnosis and the functional impact it has on the student’s major life activities.

** If UNI students would like Student Accessibility Services staff to connect with someone other than themselves, please complete and return the Authorization for Release of Information form to Student Accessibility Services.  

Students can submit documentation through Accommodate using their CatID and password.

  • Log In to Accommodate
  • Select the “Accommodations” tab and click on “Documents”
  • Select the “Add New Accessibility Documents” tab
  • Upload your file and submit