The Climate Response Team (CRT) offers a process for UNI community members to report bias/climate related experiences. We engage those impacted and involved through support, empowerment, and education.
The core functions of the Climate Response Team (CRT) include:
- Gathering information and listening to those involved in a bias/climate related experience
- Supporting individuals involved in a bias/climate related experience
- Engaging in providing appropriate and effective education
- Identifying and connecting with appropriate support services
- Coordinating, when appropriate, activities with other campus wide entities
- Reporting trends and making recommendations
What is a Hate/Bias Incident?
Any physically or verbally harmful act that is motivated by (or appears to be motivated by, in whole or in part) any of the following factors: race, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or disability.
Anyone who has experienced, witnessed, or learned of a hate/bias incident should consider reporting this to the Climate Response Team.